Sonja Wood, Director
My sales and marketing skills were honed at 18, working in Richard Shops. As a husband and wife team, we started EcoSan in 2007 with virtually nothing. We created a company that lives and breathes green values. Today, we recycle 100 tonnes of waste a year and divert 100% of all sanitary and nappy waste from landfill. EcoSan’s steady growth is due to our commitment to delivering a quality personal service in an eco-friendly manner. My award-winning approach to business stems from being a people person and launching innovative ideas like recycling chewing gum. To relax I value spending uninterrupted time with my two daughters.
• Shortlisted for the Director of the Year UK Finals 2012 in the ‘Director of the Year for Leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility’ award category 2012.
• Institute of Directors’ London and South East ‘Director of the Year for a Business up to £4.99 million’ 2011.
• Institute of Directors’ London and South East ‘New Business Director of the Year’ 2011.
• EcoSan Services Limited were 2011 winners of the prestigious ‘Business Commitment to the Environment’ KEiBA award.
• Sonja Wood, co-founder of EcoSan was 2011 finalist in the ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ KEiBA award.